Valmont group personal data protection policy
Latest update 26.07.2019
Valmont Group websites
- La Maison Valmont: www.lamaisonvalmont.com
- Valmont Foundation: www.fondationvalmont.com
- Magazine Valmont: blog.valmontcosmetics.com
Based in Switzerland with an international scope, the Valmont Group specialises in making and distributing high-end cosmetics and beauty products and is also active in the promotion of Art and Beauty.
We believe the security and privacy of your personal data is extremely important. We process your personal data in compliance with the current data protection laws in your country, in particular in terms of legality, loyalty & transparency, purpose limitation, data minimisation, exactness, storage duration, integrity and privacy, in compliance with the Swiss Federal Law governing data protection (LPD) and the EU 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What type of personal data do we process?
We process personal data that you provide when you register/create a customer account on our websites, when ordering and purchasing, when using the contact form or other forms on our websites, when you visit one of our relay stores or spas, or even when you register for our Newsletter:
- First name and surname
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Postal address
- Your purchase history
- Credit card payment information when purchasing something on our website
- Your PayPal account email address if you used this service when purchasing something from our website
- When required by law, a tax ID/document number, in compliance with legal requirements for invoicing within the European Union
We also collect information about your visits to our websites, traffic data, location, web logs and other communication data as well as the resources to which you have access.
How do we use your personal data?
We can use the personal data we collect to:
- Optimise certain functionalities or displays on our websites;
- Improve your browsing experience on our digital resources;
- Enable the sale of products available from our store;
- Communicate with you and manage our relationship with you;
- Conducting audience analysis or statistics;
- Send you the Valmont Group Newsletter if you want to receive it;
- Verify your identity and protect you against fraud and other illegal activities, non-authorised transactions, complaints and other liabilities and also manage the risk of data exposure;
- Maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and services;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Offer you the information and products that suit you best and which may interest you. This, only if you have already consented to receive such information from us.
Please note that in the case of a problem with an order or interaction on our websites, we can use your personal data to contact you through one of our subsidiaries which will be most capable of responding to your request.
The processing of your personal information by the Valmont Group, as described above, is generally carried out according to one of the following legal grounds:
- Your consent;
- A contractual relationship that we would have with you;
- Our legitimate commercial interests; or
- In compliance with our legal obligations.
Is your data shared with third parties?
We will neither sell nor disclose your personal data except in the cases described here or at the time of their collection.
- We may disclose personal information pertaining to you
- if we are bound or authorised by current law or a legal procedure (by order of the court or by subpoena),
- to the legal authorities or other representatives of the authorities in compliance with a legitimate legal request,
- as part of an investigation in the case of suspicion of fraud or illegal activity, or
- in any other case, with your authorisation.
Where is your data stored? Is it transferred?
Your personal data is stored in databases linked to our websites, hosted by our service provider, on servers. These servers are secure and operated under the privacy guidelines of our service providers.
The Valmont Group operates as a global business. Within this context, we can transfer your personal data overseas, including countries that do not provide a level of protection equivalent to your country of residence. Prior to these transfers, we implement the appropriate measures to protect your personal data. We can also transfer personal data with your explicit authorisation and in certain cases when the applicable law authorises it.
Who has access to your personal data?
- The Valmont Group staff authorised to process the orders made on our websites, members of the technical teams who carry out maintenance and ensure the correct function of our websites, customer management staff who process contact requests sent via our contact forms.
- The staff in our relay stores and our spas and Hotels by Valmont spas, to help provide the best possible service.
- Any service providers who may work on our websites or a Valmont Group application.
We make sure that our staff and our service providers act in compliance with the law applicable to personal data protection and pay particular attention to the privacy and security of this data.
Any people and employees who may have access to your personal data have signed a confidentiality agreement.
How long do you keep the data?
As far as it is authorised by current laws, we keep the personal data we have about you as long as necessary
At any time, you can exercise your right to delete your personal data. See the sections below entitled “Your rights” and “Contact”.
What rights do you have?
As far as it is authorised by current law in your country, you can
- access, modify, update and correct personal data pertaining to you through the Dashboard in your Customer Account or by contacting us using the contact information below.
- ask us to delete or restrict your personal data via our online contact form or via the contact information below; or
- exercise your right to data portability by the same means. When authorised by law, you can at any time withdraw the consent you previously gave us for processing your personal data for legitimate reasons regarding your particular situation and we will apply your preferences whenever possible. To exercise your rights, contact us at the address that can be found in the last section of this document.
- For the newsletter, you can chose to unsubscribe by withdrawing your consent in your customer account Dashboard. If you do not have one, a link to unsubscribe can be found in the Newsletter. If you still continue to receive the Newsletter, please contact us directly.
To protect your privacy and keep the data secure, we may verify your identity before providing access to the information. Depending on your location, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant national authority for data protection (for example the CNIL in France and the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner in Switzerland) if you are not satisfied with our response.
How do we protect your data?
Our websites use different technical security measures and appropriate organisational and communication protocols. The authentication tools are encrypted to guarantee the security of your personal data.
We have implemented procedural, technical and physical guarantees in compliance with legal requirements and within the current technological context at every stage of personal data processing. These measures are designed to guarantee protection against destruction, loss, modification, use or illicit disclosure of the personal information you provide us, and against unauthorised access to said information.
We regularly and automatically back up our databases.
We draw your attention to the necessity of the secrecy of the password you set when registering on one of our websites, which provides access to certain parts of the site. The protection and privacy of your personal data depend on this.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can change these settings if you like using the guides you see will find below, depending on the browser you use. However, some functionalities of our website may no longer be available if you deactivate cookies.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Opera: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
For more information about cookies:
CVL COSMETICS SA
Place du Port 1
Our email address for Data Protection:
However, please remember that you can change, correct or delete your personal data from the Dashboard in your customer account at any time, if you have one.